Tire Kingdom Destroyed my engine - Refused responsibilty - Now a $6000 repair

I have experienced nothing but dissatisfaction from Tire Kingdom Store Manager at the 1544 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd. West Palm Beach, FL store.

I am now facing a $6000 engine repair and replacement.The store manager has denied taking any responsibly for my engine damage.This damage is a direct result of an improperly installed alternator belt that came off, got caught in my engine and timing belt and caused my engine to shut down and come to a complete stop while I was driving the car.

I almost got into an accident when my engine suddenly stopped running in the middle of busy Dixie Highway. Serious injuries could have resulted to me and my passenger.

This failure should have never happened and I believe that it is a direct result of an incompetent mechanic at Tire Kingdom that worked on my car and installed the alternator and new belt.Therefore I am shocked at the attitude of the manager at this store.

My car is now completely non operational due to this improper installation.

*****************************************Below is a detailed account of what has transpired at this Tire Kingdom store.

Details Leading up to my engine failure:

I brought my car to Tire Kingdom 1544 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd. West Palm Beach, FL. on 01/07/2016 to have an alternator replaced at a cost of $380.This repair shop was to closest to me when the alternator failed.After 4 1/2 hours later, I received the car back from Tire Kingdom, with the new alternator installed.They had originally quoted me a time of 2 1/2 hours time to do the repair.

After driving the car later that night, a continuous high pitched sound started coming from the alternator area.The car never made a sound like this until it was worked on by Tire Kingdom.I bought the car back the next day at 9 am on 01/08/2016 and spoke the store manager.He said that I had to wait for the mechanic that replaced the alternator to show up at10 am. At 10:20 am the mechanic finally shows up.

The store manager had a rude unprofessional tone and tried to make excuses saying that the tension pulley could be causing the noise.

When the car was initially brought in there was no noise whatsoever from the alternator or tension pulley.Now after Tire Kingdom has worked on the car new problems have been created.The tension pulley and the alternator belt were replaced at an additional cost of $100 that Tire Kingdom charged me.

Total cost to me is now $480.

Leading Up To The Day Of My Engine Failure:

I drove my car for several days.On Wednesday, 1/13/16 while driving the car, the engine shutdown and stopped running completely.I had 50 feet to allow the car to roll onto a side street off the main road.

The failure occurred 100 feet before entering a bridge and I could have been seriously injured by the improper repair work done at Tire Kingdom.The car had power but the engine appeared to be dead. The engine would now not start or turnover.

I am not a mechanic so I just assumed that the car stalled out.It only made a ratcheting sound when I tried to restart it.I have never heard a sound like this and all the lights on dashboard had turned on.I knew at this point that something seriously wrong had occurred with my engine.My car was now completely non operational.

After I could not get the engine to turnover, I called for road side assistance to have the car towed.I had the car towed to Ed Morse Honda on Blue Heron Blvd, my regular place of service.The car has been under service it Honda since it was purchased and was well maintained and was in excellent running order before it was brought to Tire Kingdom.

I did not trust Tire Kingdom or its mechanic to touch the car after the engine stopped because there have been nothing but problems with their repairs at this store.

After the car was removed from the tow truck, I went and got my Honda service adviser, Miguel Miguel and I tried to start the car again.Miguel immediately told me that the engine had no compression.The Honda certified mechanic examined the engine further in the shop to determine what caused the engine failure.

Honda determined that the alternator belt came off, was incorrectly installed by Tire Kingdom and that it caused the extensive engine damage.The new alternator belt came off and became twisted up and caught behind the timing belt.This caused to engine to stop and now became non operational destroying the engine compression.The car now requires over $6000 in engine repairs and replacement due to faulty repairs by mechanics at this Tire Kingdom store.

I am enclosing 2 photos, one showing the separated alternator belt that fell off and the second showing the belt wrapped behind the timing belt causing the engine failure.

I am expecting Tire Kingdom to cover all expenses insured and engine repairs needed to make my car fully operational again.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Turnaround Time

Reason of review:
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution:
Tire Kingdom to authorize repair at Honda and pay for all expenses incurred as a result of their defective installation.
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Tire Kingdom Belt Replacement
Review category
Service Centers and Repairs
review #773562 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Tire Kingdom? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Tire Kingdom. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Tire Kingdom.
Filing a new complaint about