1.6K views

I am the wife of a 5 ase certified technician. I am very upset over this new flat rate system. My husband has been in this field for over 20 years and does the best work he can do for tire kingdom.

He works 50+ hours a week and is now making less money then before.

I know now that this company does not care about there employees, they've proven that. You've increased your store hours, your opened on Sundays and there are very few paid holidays.

I wish they would work side by side for a couple of weeks with a tech.just to see how back breaking it is, how they get cuts and burns, and the grease is so embedded in there skin that nothing takes it off. They are out in the heat, and cold as well.You try working in 90 degree weather and work on a car that engine just got shut off (the heat is unbearable).

Since this new flat rate went into effect my husband,on average makes a good $200 -$500 less than if it was still commission.It is causing alot of financial problems with my family.

We were struggling before this and now it's worse. We are down to 1 car,our other one was repossessed because we couldn't make the payments, and we are fighting to keep our home that we've had for 12 years. When he takes home only $1182. after working 2 weeks and our mortgage alone is $1200.that gives us(which is a family of 4) just about a $1000 a month to pay all other bills,groceries etc. IT'S NOT WORKING!

There is no going out to any fast food restaurant or steak for dinner in this house.

Even the morale in the shop is bad. I wish you higher ups could see what your doing to the men who work very hard for you.The district manager comes by and says keep up the good work, well that doesn't put food on the table or pay our bills. I wish you would come up with a better way to pay your employees.

I know the economy is bad but you found a way to take more money from your workers so your life style doesn't change and that's truly not fair.

My husband comes home and is very stressed over how little money he made and he hates the fact of going to work the next day only to work another 11 hours to make little money. It is putting a strain on our relationship and our family as well.

I truly hope that someone reads this that can make a difference as to what is going on.

Managers and service managers don't care, they are only interested in there weekly pay and there BONUSES. So if they cut some of the techs flat rate hours to get it that's what they do. So much goes on in the shops that you don't know about or don't care to know.

How store managers leave much earlier then there suppose to...then go in the next day and change there time. Or there to lazy to even try to sell recommendations on the estimate slip...then the other workers out front get mad at the boss so they don't do it either. It's like a big soap opera at times.

My husband has worked on cars and the part is defected only to have to do it again,or worked on cars that someone else did and not get paid.

But let him mess up and right away the manager will take flat rate time from him.

You want DNA's and PMA's and check this and do that but what do you pay your tech for doing all this?

Please...something has to give....you bet I'm mad...stressed ,tired, worried, and most of all scared.

Comments

Tampa, Florida, United States #1221741

you know I'm a tech at tire kingdom in tamp florida and I have been in and out for the company for some time and I can tell you its not the industry of automotive repair,back when chuck cersieo still owned the company everyone got paid well. when I first started with t,k I brought home about 1,500 a week home for 45 hours but as soon as he sold it to the co investers they changed the pay structure and that's were it all started going down hill. I am now a full tech and I bring home for 80 hours less then 1,400 every 2 weeks yeah I make less in 2 weeks then what I used to make every week.

Orange Park, Florida, United States #928091

my boyfriend is a mechanic at Tire Kingdom he doesn't have any ASE certifications but he is smarter then the other mechanic who has two certifications and he messes up on almost every car he does and my boyfriend has to go fix it but he gets paid for it the way they get paid is total BS they come home to be stressed just hate to go to work the next day and killed herself for almost nothing not even enough to get you through a two week time.

Tampa, Florida, United States #684553

I am A current TK Tech. I Do Have ase certs.

The quality of service is not judged by a piece of paper I have 32 years of automotive service and have seen a lot.

I agree the pay sucks but it is the Industry that has gone to ***, All of the influx of UTI, graduates kids that have never set a car on a rack are causing a lot of the problems they hand out ase's like candy to these kids.So TK sees a Young tech with a handy dandy little tool kit AND a fist full of ASE'S and think *** yea lets hire him and let our seasoned techs kick rocks.Well that's my *** if I upset anyone sorry!!!!!!

Valparaiso, Indiana, United States #586556

I agree I'm in the same boat, except we lost one car to repo and the second one we almost lost but someone needed a car so they bought it and paid it off! :) my husband works at griegers Chrysler in our home town.

He's been there 5 years but has worked as a mechanic for 25+ years! The owner of the business just bought a spankin new 68' something or other and has many more classic cars to boot and just go back from vacationing in France with his family for a month as well as doing mission work in Africa! I understand people there need help but what about the people that work there and are losing everything they own out from under them! Also the service manager favors a select few and steals book.

Time from other hard working mechanics with no comebacks to give guys who have unlimited comebacks! This dealership is a sham! They tell u that the finance company wants $2k down when all they need is $200 sometimes. The owners son in law makes $10k a week doing nothing but sitting on his *** and telling the service mechanic what to do.

Why so they get a base pay even if they arnt selling cars but mechanics don't! Their the ones doing jobs that will affect their bodies for the rest of their lives, while salesman just have to be able to *** people to make a quick $2k + and still get a base pay!!

Don go there! My husband works only for now till he can find something that will actually pay the bills!

yes its wrong but its a chinesse co. the way it is

Yes the new pay system sucks, Its been 14-15 months now. The only changes to the plan has been for the worse! I work in the central florida market. I have been a tech at TK for a very, very long time.

Having said that, I understand big business and know how to put my big boy pants on. No matter how you look at it. We will work harder and get payed less! Thats a fact as you all know. However all you Techs need to grow a set. We are Flat Rate! Yes I know we have Menu items (pay less than most companys), But we are Flat Rate and not on commission! It does not matter what the customer pays, If its a menu item you get a spiff (flat fee) If its not a menu item you get Mitchel Flat rate (TK) or Chilton (NTB) PERIOD!

The biggest problem is know one knows how we get payed. At TK if you goto the Intranet. You can see Tire Tech pay, Non ASE commision tech pay and counter spiffs. Click on code 45 Mechanic pay you get "NOT AUTHORIZED!" It is locked and has been for over a year now. Most of the managers are new as well as service and sales people. They have no clue how you get paid. If you try to tell them how to pay you, It dont go over very well. You may be the best Tech in your store, but if they cant discount labor they have to give a discount on the work order and that affects there pay. They try to find a reason to fire you and you all the sudden have an attitude problem and need to go.

Ill give you a few examples of what correct pay is and keep it easy...

2000 Dodge Ram 1500 comes in for brake check. After test drive, free inspection you find The brakes are grinding, calipers over extended/hanging up etc... The brake hoses are in poor condition and rotors are under spec or cannot be turned...

How much do you get payed for this? I bet not the right amount. Lets say its the front brakes. Counter staff is probaly going to pay you a FBI (1HR) You may get caliper labor or hose labor if your manager or sales person is feeling lucky but deff not bolth. Lets say he gets the hose labor 1.5 left hose and .5 for right side (2hr) plus the FBI (1hr) Thats a (3hr) brake job that takes you 30 mins to complete. There not going to pay you for calipers cuz you need to remove them to do the brake job and to do the hoses.

Well no there wrong its a 5hr job If you know the codes (witch know one does) A FBI pays (1hr) Calpiers are (1hr) per side, the code is BRLABC (its a menu item not flat rate) The hoses are not a menu item there for must pay you mitchel flat rate (1.5hr) one side and (.5hr) for the other. Thats (5hrs) for 30 mins of work and if they want or sell a brake flush (BFE) its another (.5) Hoses only include a "bleed system" Not a flush!

Another example Vehicle comes in for running rough, coolant leak check etc... You get payed for that. The only things we do for free are whats on the back of the work order TFABS witch is visual and not a diagnostic unless brake or tire issue.

Vehicle runs rough/check engine light on (EDC) (1hr) labor, Coolant leak (.4) Battery check (free) Charging issue (Vats) (.25)

I myself spent 5 hours in the new pay meeting. We asked question at the end and lots of stuff was covered. If you do the work you must get payed. The front counters job is to sell it, If they cant they cant and make you do it, They must eat it! Thats the way it was told and thats the way I hold them to it period. We will work harder and make less money, But we can make some money too.

If you do the job you must get payed. They are not allowed to change labor times! Give your manager or service manger a chance and if that dont work call the HEAR line and report them. Its Spiff Manipulation and is a zero tolerance. I have not gone this route myself, but have seen others and TK has always backed them and put the managers/sales people inline.

GL

to Blue Collar Miami, Florida, United States #657195

the very same thing happened 2 me---when I was at 1 store I got the "not authorized"--I got to another store and I got the doc!!!--it says u are paid either "Chilton hourly rate"(which NEVER HAPPENS) OR 11.02 + FLAT RATE ITEMS!!!----when I worked there I only saw $11.02 an hr and I worked 50 hrs a week no overtime pay!!!--I ask payroll about this and they said the information there "is not correct as written"--within 2 months I was fired--they got a new store manager who I THINK they bullied to get rid of me--in the end I was fired for not getting a double sign off on the ticket(in which this manager kept tallkin from me before I can get the double sign off cause he wanted 2 to 3 steps ahead and make the customer feel like they are getting out quick)--my experience--the last 6 months I was there the store went from havin 5 tire techs to 3--the other mechsanic just sat there all day waitin for the gravy work which means I made up more work(bein free tire rotations, in which u don't get paid Chilton hourly rate for,program wheel alignments, and oil change free rotation,which u don't get paid for rotation there either and then they underpay on oil change and pay 2.5 tenths when at minimum it should be .3)--people come in for there free *** and u can recommend all u want-nothing got sold-there sales staff don't care either-it also doesn't help with the 300% markup on parts!!!!!!!----in any case in the end this is what was happenin just free tire rotations and oil change tire rotation75-80% of time and no pay for these items--one day manager wants me to do a free tire rotation as I am workin on a car with high performace tires and knew I was only gonna get paid .6 when it should pay an hr(even as company policy says)-manager also included program wheel alignment--I told him this is *** and I don't get paid for doin these rotations and I just did it yesterday on the same car but customer decides she wants new tires on front so he wants me to rotate them AGAIN!!!!!!--I was written up for an "attitude problem"-on the same day he wrote me up for not havin a double sign off on ticket which he kept grabbing from me--this write up was may 3--may 6 he says he went through the paperwork and he found another ticket without a double sign off dated MAY 1ST!!!!!! and I am bein terminated for it----what was funny is this manager sold a whole bunch of scrap tires the day before as he said he made 220$ off it and he also frauded a customer out of whatever they charged him for wiper blades and I told him they don't fit and I wrote it on the ticket I didn't install them and he still charged the guy!!!--this is the same man that fires me-lol-----with the write ups I view as invalid and meaningless they now tryin to deny unemployment by sayin misconduct!!!!!-------these are the bad people/management at tire kingdom--they don't care about u--they think human resources are at no end-----if u ever decide to work here-be careful dealin with these people--u will not be paid right and if u say something they will fire u and frame u to not get unemployment

Ill give you a few examples of what correct pay is and keep it easy...

GL

Btw techs. Beware.

Telling a future employer u worked at tk is gonna most likely be a set back. FYI!

to just curious:

Ok.....I read your bs. I tried to be the technician you wanted. All I got was a serious reduction in pay. Please tell me why you you let an ase certified master technician leave your company after 3+ years of service because of a pay concern?

Yeah, times are tough. I got that. The company is suffering? Maybe.

You have disowned your qualified technicians. I wasn't the first to leave and I won't be the last. I talk to all the techs in the area and we all hate the new compensation system. Not to mention you are having a hard time replacing me. I offered to continue to work at my location buy you were gonna have to come out of pocket a little. I am glad you didn't take the offer. I should have asked for more.

All that tells me you probably won't be replacing me with someone even close to as qualified. So let me help you a little...

First. I said in an earlier post that I made 26 an hour flate rate. That is good by the way. The problem lies in 2 areas. Your managers and service managers are not skilled enough to price labor correctly. Good for customer, bad for tech. Second, your menu price services are garbage rates. A general service tech that has absolutely no experience gets paid more to do policy alignments than your certified techs? I don't think that was well thought out. Anyway, you don't compensate your technicians correctly for any core services. Such as fluid flushes, alignments, tires, suspension or diagnosis. The latter is probably your specific managers problem more than a company policy but nevertheless a sore spot for techs. None of your staff responsible for charging or I should say billing the correct labor hours have been trained to do so. It's ok to make a sale by discounting anything. Instead, your compensation system for sales and managers prevents them from doing discounts as opposed to the more obvious, cut labor.

For example: I was told that the new pay system expected me to get more involved in vehicle inspections via paying me to do tires and such. Unfortunately, the compensation for tires is far below EVERY shop I have either checked with or worked for. You pay .4 -.6 labor hours to change 4 tires. Sometimes nothing. I have noticed that basic installs pay nothing. 0. The lowest shop time for the same work I have ever found was 1 hour. That didn't include a free inspection.

I know. The inspection only will make us techs money. I see why you wanted us to get involved but that leads us back to the problem of properly pricing labor. Not to mention quality of the sales people.

You can argue all you want about trying to increase business but you didn't. I think by now that is appearent to you. You can argue about more loyalty. At the least that did not change. You can argue it is a tough economy. Well, Then why did I produce, on average, $1500 per week more but still got paid about $300 less?

You accomplished your goal to get me more involved. I did more work and produced more $ but still got paid less. I worked more hours to do so and still got paid less.

And I know that happened throughout the whole company. I challange you to tell me different. You are wrong.

And then you have a horrible consumer image. I think you should have taken a different approach. Was I comfortable? Yes. Comfortable as in; loyal, qualified, productive(top 50 mechanics in whole company usually top 10), not looking for another job, pay tied to inflation(no need for a raise), team player(I trained everyone in my shop), maintenaince(fixed all equipment and building), customer relationships, POS trained(help out when management was in a fix), etc.

Now, good luck. I am sure you won't find that. I have worked for the company off an on for over 15 years. Same bs all the time. I also have worked with everyone you will employ and have employed. I knew my worth. Your payscale change was the lowest I have been paid in 15 years. LOL! At $26/hr flat rate.....The most flat rate I have been paid in 15 years.

Hope this helps you!

Or did anyone think that this is what the company was hoping to do. Not only save money but destroy the quality of their work?

Big corporations with lots of research rarely make such monumental mistakes. The quality of their work is what makes them a force in a market which desperately needs quality. Maybe there is another reason? I don't know it but it should reveal itself soon.

to now an ex-tire kingdom mechani Miami, Florida, United States #657198

you forgot to mention about getting paid .0 for air filters but tire techs get paid for that?--patching a tire 1.5 tenths-that is the same as installing and balancing a tire-so technically u don't get paid to actually patch it--however-u are wrong about tire techs getting paid more for alignments-last year they cut there commissions in half(in the middle of a pay week and when they got there checks it was for much much less than they EXPECTED) AND NOW MAKE 2.50 FROM PROGRAM WHEEL ALIGNMENTS and 7.50 from regular paid alignments not 2 mention there 6.15 an hr-what a joke

Grow up people. If you are not happy with the pay and teh job..quit!

If your wife has nothing better to do than complain for you..Grow some. Or better yet, have her get a job and help out. This pay structure allows each and every technician aka mechanic to make his or her own paycheck.

Its a commision pay type people. It's been a structerd pay scale for years in all aspects of the automotive industry

This is ***. Ima ase mechanic for Tk and have been for 3 yrs .

I'm on 16% pay but yet I am ase certified I just haven't turned them in and I won't . I made 50k last year as a 16% mechanic no I hear that my pay will be change to tire tech if I don't turn them in . I turn 5 to 9k a week in derive dollars remind u 3500 is goal. Tk is in no way hurting by the economy they r making alot more now then before due to people actually fixing there cars instead of just buying new cars .

Think of this customers if all the good tech our leaving or have left Tk who's working on ur cars that u trust with ur safety and family's ?????? Mcdonalds quality employes tire techs our going and takeing ase test and getting certs to become mechanics because Tk can't repale the lead tech that have left due to a dramatic decrease in pay.

#220033

I just wanted to say that I am a master certified ase technician with more than 2 decades of experiance whom recently started with tk for a more than 25hr flat rate system....get a load of this, no guarentee base pay!wtf! ive been doing nothing but tire rotations,oil changes,and some tire installs to fill my bordome for NUTHIN...WTF!...word of advice,dont do it,find another job,ill only be there for a limited time with this circumstance.They will bait an switch you only to get a person and credentials...2010 and highly concidering no longer working on vehicles.

Tire Kingdom has lost alot of good techs this year trying to fill their own pockets. ASE techs are getting paid a BS Made up flat rate pay.

And if your not certified you can stay on the old scale and make % parts and labor. We are paying our good techs less and charging our customers more. I keep thinking about when we were told thanks for biggest profit increase ever but your making money too easy. Lets have a meeting now that its been a while this system has been in place and see how well that goes.

oh and thanks for droping the pay on alignments for the ASE guys and raising it for the non cert people I think if we keep this up we can get rid of all the ASE people because none of they others want to get certified and take the pay cut . If you wanna go flat rate then just go by book time and not spiffs and modified labor times.

I would like to respond to the long winded, smoke blowing done by just curious.

I am an ASE certified Master Technician. Yes I could go find another job however that was not my intention when coming to work for Tire Kingdom. To those of you wondering, I came to TK because of the money they offered me.

I would like to give a brief history, to those of you that may not know, of how they used to compensate mechanics. For many years TK used to pay their technician a percentage of the service that they performed. This varied of course based on skill level. To my knowledge this was 16 - 18% until a little over a year ago when they offered 21% to lead technicians with more that 5 certifications. Industry wide 16-21% is a fair compensation to technicians. Many other automotive service facilities pay hourly flat rate. A few places pay a combination. The beauty of percentage compensation, like TK used to use, is that it tied the technicians pay to inflation. As the price of labor and parts increased so did the technicians pay. This eliminates the need to address regular raises. An issue that TK corporate has, to this date, not addressed. I personally do not believe they will in the near future. Another beneficial aspect of this type of compensation is that it ties the technicians earnings to the service they produce. From the inside I would like to inform you that TK expects their individual stores/areas to produce a 75% gross profit margin on service. At my particular location we run a larger profit margin. As you can see the profit margin was more than adequate to support the percentage compensation.

I hear the argument about change. I understand that employees should adjust and then rise above customers expectations. What I don't understand is how the incentive to do so exists if the current employee is rewarded by having to work more hours for less pay. The new compensation which switches all technicians to an hourly flat rate is a well used industry standard form of compensation. Arguably the most popular form. In and of itself is perfectly acceptable. As a lead technician I earn $26/hour flat rate. This is low but not incredibly so. The problem lies in TK's core service menu pricing. This falls well below industry standard compensation time. If this was not the case then I would have seen little or no change in pay. Like others have mentioned I have witnessed a drop of no less than 30% and often times 50%. I am not unique as other technicians I discuss this with at other locations concur. Another important point to note here is that even though my pay has dropped significantly the amount of service I produce for the shop has increased dramatically. To the tune of about 20-25%. This means that I have produced more in dollars for tirekingdom while realizing a large reduction in pay over the same amount of time. I use my first quarter of the year gross production and compare it to the second quarter. I was told that the new pay system would compensate me for work that the previous system would not. This is partially true. Tire and alignment services were previously not appropriately payed to the technician. On a side note, TK just reduced the amount of compensation for alignments significantly. This will result in no less than a $150 drop in my pay per week.

There is yet another problem with the new compensation system. In order to get properly paid for the service the technician performs then the salesman, service manager, store manager must charge the customer the proper amount of labor. Effectively, this gives them little room to remain competitive as the labor can add up significantly. Their only option is to discount the invoice (a very big nono) or not charge the proper labor. If you are judged by your discounts then what choice would you make? At my particular location it averages 5 hours a week. This does not include the menu priced items which are already far below book time and the industry. To compare, the new system is so poor that at my previous shop I was paid only $22/hour flat rate and still made more money doing less work and working only 40 hours a week.

Now given that explanation I ask what possible incentive would any employee have to rise above customers expectations. I might even believe that smoke screen if it came with the opportunity to at least make the same money that I previously did. My question is: If my particular store is constantly meeting and exceeding budget/profit expectations and I am producing more and working longer than why am I getting paid significantly less? For that matter why is every other technician with similar results getting paid less?

I believe that given these results puts just curious's comments in the proper light. I don't think you could define a line of bullsh*t any better. Everyone was aware how bad it would be and time with the new system has proven it so.

For the record I wasn't incredibly happy to leave my old shop. I had to make a decision for the benefit of my family and I. It seems now I have made the wrong decision. It took me a while to think about the offer TK made me to come aboard. It won't take me a second to accept another offer. I personally do not believe this is how you should treat your employees and expect any different reaction. Maybe TK factored in the turnover rate (which is one of the highest in the industry already) and decided the cost of replacing was offset by the profit they retained. Maybe they decided to clean house. Hard to say but if they were looking for quality help to step up and shine then it backfired. Another reason just curious is full of it.

Tire kingdom is about to loose me as a ASE Tech. The new pay rate indeed gives the manager the ability to modify my wages to better reflect his profit margins for his own gains, as well as make it *** near impossible to track my hours.

Tire kingdom = *** and im done with it

as for the malarky that tire kingdom has posted in response to this... how about you take a moment and find the proper copy and paste section of your PR manual

to adress the actual comments/questions/complaints made by the forum poster.

Wanna know why tire kingdom is struggling. because they would rather rip someone off one time than be reasonable and get a lasting customer.

I was ripped off on a brake job, Completely taken advantage of, and I will NEVER be back. If they had been reasonable I would probably brought all three of my families cars there for service.

Way to go store #176. I will do all I can to stop you from getting business.

#151920

Ladies and gent; let me begin by saying that I feel very sorry about the hard times your families are enduring. I have read hundreds of e-mails and complaints, both through our offices and via these forums, and I have to agree that their is an underlining concern.

As we all know these are hard times, our economy is not at its strongest, all aspects of our lifestyles have been impacted. There have been a few changes made in our company\'s compensation structure and our service hours have also been modified. Why? you ask, why are our men working more and making less?

This is obviously not our intention, creating hardship for your team is never a sound business plan, but this seems to be the overall perception. In this tough, very tough, business environment we need to set ourselves apart from the competition. We need to find ways to better serve our customers and bring them a greater overall value. We also need to find ways to motivate and challenge our team members to better serve these customers, they need to set themselves apart from the competition as well.

The new hours of operation and the new pay structure have that purpose in mind, to bring more customers into our team members service bays and challenge them to offer them unparalleled service. Think about it for a minute; Would it be fair for us to be negligent, in this economy, and not make the propper adjustments in order to better secure our company\'s ability to keep servicing our customers? Many around us had continued to do \"business as usual\" and are no longer serving customers, they did\'t see a need to react to their customer\'s needs and at the same time the need to protect the future of their associates and their families. We made adjustments because our times are more demanding than ever, our customers along with all of our families are looking to do more with less.

Yes, we all have to shop for the best value in town, the most convenient, and hopefuly the one that offers the best overall experience. We think that Tire Kingdom and its teams are adjusting to do just that, become a place of value and the preferred destination for our customer\'s auto repair needs. But will hours and pay structures alone make this happen? The answer is NO.

We know that the customer experience is dictated by our team members, they control the outcome, they are the ones turning shopers into customers. Read some of the comments above and bellow and think about how these individuals might be approaching our customers. What happens then to the additional hours and the new compensation structure, both designed to have the customer experience and team member compensation go HAND IN HAND, when the customer walks out disappointed by our lack of customer service? The plan is that our team members will have the ability to improve their income potential as we do everything possible to drive customer count.

We as a company will be more convenient for our customer and you the team member will have the opportunity to serve and make their experience a pleasant one. This system will yield better wages for our team members; techs, sales mgrs, etc.. and an even better value to our customers. Let me go back to the begining; these are hard times, our tolerance for change and adjustment are at an alltime low.

Change is the hardest thing to endure, even in pleasant times, more so now. Change is always acompanied by adjustment and even additional work, because it takes work to adjust, we get out of our comfort zone. There will be those that will resist it, all this does is create more work for others, those that embrace it benefit from it before those that dont. Many of our team members are having difficulty adjusting, mainly in their attitude, they just dont buy into it and therefore can see the benefits.

Every individual in our teams impacts one another, its a team, more so in our business. We are trying to do everything possible to improve our customer\'s and team member\'s experience within our locations, it\'s a tough balancing act in this business environment. We truely believe that with the right attitude and leadership we can all find fair compensation for our team and a great value for our customer. Many of our customers are having great experiences, we hear from them daily, many are not.

Why is it that some locations are generating great business, awesome customer feedback, and very loyal team members and others are not? The hours are the same, the compensation structure is even, the sign on the building is the same, our services are the same. Our customers answer it for us all the time, consistently, great people offering great service make all the difference in the world. We all know that.

We go to the places where we are treated with a smile, dignity and respect. Even in this economy we will go further or pay more for that type of treatment and service. I challenge all of us impacted by this outcome, all of us, to do everything within our power to succeed as a team. All of us have a responsability towards each other, it\'s what makes us a team, we can win or lose together.

No one has individual victory in a team, not our VPs, Techs, Mngrs, Sales teams, we all win together, or we dont win at all. Thank you for your support, your hard work, your confidence and business as a costumer, and your patience as a family member.

When will the ladies understand that the men do this because they want to do it. If you're a tech, or mechanic like you say, why work at a tire shop?

Tire and suspenssion are the worts types of work, and the pay stinks, its for the less experienced techs. Your pay will reflect your skills and experience, the automotive industry is all about experience, tire shop mechanics are never going to earn a good wage. The real money is in diognostics, tune ups, transmission repair, air conditioning, and scheduled routine maintenance shops. Being a tech in these fields pays, but it also takes skill and knowledge not just getting dirty and switching the old for the new, you need schooling and certification.

So the next time your husbands and boyfriends are complaining, or they cant bring steak for dinner, ask them why they decided to be mechanics rather than technitians.

Its like the dental assistant and the dentist, a world apart, a lot less zeros on the paycheck too. Tire Kingdom is a business and it has employment for low paid, dirty, messy, grumpy, middle of the road, part swapping mechanics; its not Tire Kingdom's faul that your men took the job.