1K views

I bought four tires from Tire Kingdom with the optional Road Hazard Warranty. About 11 months into owning the tires, I got a bubble in the sidewall which quickly grew to a dangerous size. I took the car in to have the tire replaced, and they told me that they would have to order the tire in and they would call me when the tire arrived. A month later, I went back to see if the tire had been delivered yet, and they had failed to order it in the first place.

That was an irritating experience, which grew more irritating each time I had to do it. It took 4 visits to the store to get them to actually order the tire. When the tire came in, they called me and I went to go have it installed, which was when they told me that it would be over a hundred dollars - close to what I paid for the tire new - to have the tire installed.

They didn't tell me when I bought the tires, purchased the warranty, any of the 4 times that I had to remind them to order my warranty replacement, or when they called me to tell me that my tire had arrived that the road hazard warranty only covers tires for one year from the date of purchase. If they had, I never would have wasted my money on the road hazard coverage. What's worse is that if they hadn't jerked me around for 4 months, the warranty would still have been in effect and I would have gotten my replacement.

Comments

rick obviously works for "the industry", i second the *** commment

#190042

hey Rick read first ***..

@Rick Do you comment on everything without reading first? I'll quote the important bit for you so you don't have to strain yourself.

>If they hadn't jerked me around for 4 months, the warranty would still have been in effect and I would have gotten my replacement.

to DKaine #1433893

The Road Hazard Warranty for Tire Kingdom is for the life of the tire. Fromt he warranty - Under the warranty, if your tire punctures or breaks during the first year or first 12,000 miles (whichever comes first), we’ll fix it for free. If it can’t be repaired, you’ll receive a prorated credit toward the cost of a replacement, based on the remaining tread of the tire.

Free replacement of the tire is 12 mos; pro-rated after that for life of tire; needs to be renewed with each replacement tire, like an insurance policy.