Ongoing Oil Chang Nightmare with Tire Kingdom
I took my 2010 Audi A4 for an oil change to the Tire Kingdom store located at 2550 Sawgrass Mills Circle, Sunrise, FL 33323 on Sunday 09/15/2013 at 9:07 AM. I talked to store manager, Scott Wilson,(954)845-9800, and he assured me the technicians at Tire Kingdom are fully skilled and trained to work on Audi. I picked up the car that evening at 5:38pm after the oil change only to find oil leak spots on my paved driveway a few days later. I took the car back in on 09/28/2013 at 11:00AM. After two hours, Scott told me the gasket on the oil plug was pinched. He said he replaced the oil plug gasket and fixed the oil leak. The next morning I again noticed the oil leak on our driveway. I was beginning to doubt the quality of the service I was receiving. I took the car in again at 6:00pm on 10/01/2013 for the third time. Scott and his technician Kevin worked on it again for two hours and they assured me there will not be any more oil leak. At this point, I was very suspicious of the work the store did on my car in contrary to all the assurance I received from Scott and his technicians about the quality of their service. I was afraid that the oil pan is being either cross-threaded or cracked.
I decided to send an email to customer service of the Tire Kingdom and share my experience with their store. In response to my email, Juanita Williams, a district manager (754)281-0389, contacted me and asked that we take the car to any mechanic in order to inspect for any possible damages during the oil change. She assured us that Tire Kingdom would pick up any costs associated with any repair needed. I took my car to a local Audi Dealership for an inspection and the result was shocking. The area around oil plug was completely covered with silicon and JB weld. At this point I was angry and furious.
I tried to be more patient and send the dealership report to Juanita Williams. She said she was going to fill out a claim with their insurance company and I was going to be reimbursed for the damages but an adjuster has to inspect the damages first.
Few days later, Jeff Stern, from Sedgwick Inc.,(954)247-3600, called me. He said his field inspector, Phil (954)396-9000, needs to inspect the damages. At this point I did not want any person from Tire kingdom to touch my car again and Phil assured me they just going to visually inspect it.
I made an arrangement with Phil to come to my place of work to inspect the damages (11/1/13). He at that point determined that the area under question could not be visualized and that we needed to make an appointment at another tire kingdom for inspection. On 11/11/13, I dropped off the car at Tire Kingdom store located at 3151 N Federal Hwy, Pompano Beach, FL (954) 782-0991, and was told at the time of drop off that the purpose of this visit was just to visualize the area for damage. When I picked the car up an hour later, I was told that all of the JB welding and silicone had been removed. Phil claimed he did not see any damage or any reasons for a leak. Case closed.
These are the chronological events that started this time consuming nightmare that I have been dealing with since September. I am extremely disappointed with several interactions that I have had both with the Tire Kingdom employees as well as the Tire Kingdom insurance adjuster company Sedgwick. Every single person we dealt with, flat out lied and acted in complete dishonesty.
Even the adjuster company, Sedwick Inc, and their inspectors who are supposed to be honest and fair individuals lied into our face. I did not authorize them to touch the car or remove any of the welding or silicone that was in place. But they took liberty to remove it and possibly destroy the evidence. If there was no reason for a leak, then why would there be any need to alter the integrity of the car by sealing the oil plug with silicone and JB weld?
To make matters worse, we reached out to Juanita Williams and Denny Rivera, District Manager, to explain what happened and, instead of being at least empathetic to our concerns, they blew me off by telling me to simply deal with the insurance company.
I have been more than patient, and at this point, I am furious with the service I’ve received. I do not feel safe continuing to drive in this vehicle. I am extremely disappointed, frustrated, stressed beyond belief and annoyed that I was being bounced around from appointment to appointment and from inspector to manager to insurance company, only to encounter more of the same nonsense. I am writing to let people know what kind of service they should expect when dealing with Tire Kingdom. I want consumers to know that they do not deserve to receive this type of inept and unprofessional service and hope they avoid Tire Kingdom at all costs.
We have spent enough time and effort, since September 15th, trying to correct what was supposed to be a simple oil change.
I would appreciate anyone’s help in order to spread this story on the internet. I would also appreciate anyone’s help or guidance in order to recover the damages from Tire Kingdom. I would also like to participate in any class action lawsuit against Tire Kingdom.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Oil Change
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "Had a pick-up truck's windshield repaired by them only to find out they use an answering service for calls, no manager/supervisor, no complaint department, and their techs SUCK!!! They left goo..."
- "Sent my daughter there the result was one tire clearly a defect Blew out after only 2 days and Tire Kingdom refused to offer a replacement also Tires were not..."
- "Problems: Dropped of 2004 Nissan Titan on 12/9 to have it painted Nissan white Q10. Agreed upon price $1,375. Was told work would be completed by Friday 12/13. Placed call..."
- "Really Great Rates and Fast - Ask for there discount. I did it all very privately thru email. Top notch investigator. Visit us online for Fast Affordable..."
- "I ordered flowers on 9-26-15 and they were delivered by noon on Saturday. The exact rainbow ones ordered in a better vase than the picture and the balloon I ordered...."
- "Shame for American industry , don't rent or buy any Rv you'll waste your money , terrible installation , hazardous machin , we rent brand new one 2015 470k Msrp..."
- "I purchased 2 Kensington recliners from Cymax thru Sears in June, 2015. 18 months later the leather is flaking off and the pull handle to open the reclining part is..."
- "we booked Bali -> Cebu via KL. 2 flights , one booking AA cancelled the early morning flight and out us on the next one. The only problem is this arrives..."
- "I bought a bag for my daughter to take for her Karate uniform. She used the bag a time and a half, as after 3 times zipping up the zipper,..."